09 April 2009

Busy, Or Just Tired?

Either way, I haven't managed a post in the past week. Work seems to be slowly picking up a bit, which is a good thing considering how sluggish things were last fall. It's also a good thing seeing as how I'm likely to continue to be the sole source of household income for the foreseeable future. Things are quite rough for David's business right now, so it's something of a day-to-day process trying to figure out if RedMaple will survive. Seriously folks, if you're getting a few $$ back from your tax returns this year, go buy a pair of socks.

Aside from that, today is the 12 year anniversary of The Big Wreck, the nasty head-on collision that really set me down the road to developing fibromyalgia. I always remember the date, though emotionally it's not that big of a deal. I've always figured that since I can't go back and change the event itself, it's not useful to dwell on the what-ifs.

What I am ever hopeful for, though, is the chance that somewhere, someday I'll find a way out of the pain. That is something that absolutely would reduce me to a happy, blubbering mess, because this shit is seriously no fun. I started going to a chiropractor (young, cute, married - just like me!) last week, and he has at least been able to help in just a couple of sessions with the restless legs, which were really getting bad lately. I'm also looking into microcurrent therapy, which is a modality that has shown some promise.

Anyway, that's enough of that, and since I don't have anything else of substance to share, I'm giving you this photo of Tuck and Cougar that David took and sent me while I was in India. Give in to the cute.

03-20-09 Tuck & Cougar2452

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, too sweet!

Carol said...

Teh cute, it is massive!

Do you know the knitblogger called the AmpuTeeHee? She was in a wretched car accident and recently started myofascial treatment and thinks it is very helpful. Here is a blog post about it:
http://amputeehee.blogspot.com/2008/11/im-rambling-grab-yer-favorite-beverage.html
It's one of those things that sounds weird, but ever since my oldest kid benefited so profoundly from treatment for sensory integration OT, I have a very open mind about these things....

Lisa/knitnzu said...

Will they ever wear matching sweaters??

Glad you are finding some relief.

Consider it the happy anniversary that you're alive to tell us!

Sheepish Annie said...

OMG. Tuck and Cougar...I'm too overwhelmed for words. The cuteness. The doggy sweater. The size of that cat...

Hope the new treatment works for you. Fibromyalgia is so tiring, both physically and emotionally.

Molly Bee said...

Ohhhh! Look at the snugglers! Makes me wanna get in there too!

textillian said...

Ok, that picture is seriously too cute. Overload, even.

And happy belated birthday. 40 ain't so bad.

Act Four said...

May I suggest that you might consider acupuncture to control your pain? It seems to work amazingly well for the horses in our practice. Perhaps it is so effective because our horses are not familiar with the "literature." Or, perhaps, they have a veterinarian who knows what to do - and if that is the case, may you find what/who you need.

Sara said...

Related to the myofascial suggestion - look into "rolfing" in your area - http://www.rolf.org/ - I started seeing a rolfer recently just for typical "getting older" and ongoing just being active and tight/sore stuff - and the impact of the treatment is profound. It has entirely changed my posture and "flow" of my body and body pieces. I don't really know how to describe it well - but it's worth a visit or two to see if it can help.

very cute critters btw :)

katrynka said...

Such a great photo! The cat looks quite large!!

FiberQat said...

It's as if Tuck's trying to sneak in some sun without getting too far into the Coug's territory. It's funny how animals compromise.

I hope you find the right thing that works for you. Pain management is never fun.

Tina M. said...

Hello from a new reader and a fellow Fibro coper, also probably triggered by a car accident about 7-8 years ago. I hear you. I actually spent five months pain free and off the Lyrica but now I' cycling back up again and unfortunately need to go back on. Really hoping I won't have to also go back to injections.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog and that there's someone else out a little bit like you.

Rabbitch said...

The cuteness ... it is ...

uh. Cute.

Apparently I've lost my facility with English this evening. Possibly several faculties as well.

But yes, they are adorable. Plus I want your therapy thingie to help you.

Norma said...

Wishing for you to find a way out of the pain cycle. Happy Easter, or whatever. ;-)

Had a hilarious coffee date with a heathen professor friend yesterday who said to me, "Have a nice weekend celebrating the resuscitation of Baby Jesus." I haven't been able to stop laughing since. And laughter is good medicine.

Luuworld said...

i love spooning. didn't know animals enjoyed it as well :-D

Hester said...

Hi - enjoyed your blogs about your trip to India and all. Most of my fibro pain was aleviated when I was tested for sleep apena and received a CPAP machine. I also had several severe childhood accidents that messed up my body, plus a family history of sleep apena. Also, I take Vitamin D - Everybody is different and there are many causes for fibro pain - if you don't have it you don't know what it means - so I thought I would give you my 2cents of unsolicited advise. I feel like a different person. Best - Hester from Atlanta