03 March 2009

My Hero

So it's my last night at work before I leave for India. I've got homework I should be doing and planning lists I should be working on, but it's busy like it hasn't been for months. Because getting a foot of snow dumped on you is apparently a compelling reason to drive to the emergency clinic with your pet. Plus, of course, I got way too little sleep for fretting over getting up early to make sure I got to work on time.

Anyway, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, but thanks to a certain birthday boy I made myself a hero when I had a few spare minutes. Naturally, I made him to look just like David.

MyHero

Now I just need to get some Lycra and some giant bat wings and make that costume. Rrrowr!

And the song put me in mind of this video of a drag performance one of my friends (I don't remember which one, but one of them) linked to on Facebook the other day. They've disabled embedding, so you're just going to have to click over to see it. It's very much worth a watch, though.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that entrance? and the dramatic drops after the high kicks?

she's an inspiration!

Dawn Fortune said...

Good god in heaven, I think I pulled something just watching. What a performer!!!

Anonymous said...

awww, i'm honored. i do look like that once i put on a mirdle.

Sheepish Annie said...

I'm always stressed out before a trip. But soon you will be done with work and off to India! I'm so jealous! I may need to make my own hero just to take my mind off my work-a-day life...


BTW: Mirdle! I almost hurt myself laughing on that one!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I mentioned just how much I love you before now, but dude, that video just sealed it.

Also, it will be entirely your fault if I pull a groin muscle making a dramatic entrance from the ceiling. Just so's you know.

Luuworld said...

have a happy and safe trip to india!

Beside the point said...

I'm just getting caught up on your blog. The video and the superhero-maker just made my morning. Safe travels!