09 January 2007

The Weekend That Wasn't

I'm not quite sure where the last three days went. I know that a good bit happened, but it all seemed to fly by so quickly that I've felt more like I've been going through the motions. Most of it has seemed to revolve around David's Christmas cold, which ended up turning into post-New Year bronchitis, which meant no sleep Saturday night and a Sunday morning trip to the nearest urgent care facility. At least with some antibiotics on board his coughing jags were fewer and farther between, but we still both ended up sleeping through a good bit of the day today.

One thing I did manage to knock out was a quick gift for my baby sister, who turns 25 the Friday after next. One of the skeins I bought at Rhinebeck from Briar Rose Fibers was picked specifically with her in mind, but I hadn't decided what to make with it. I was inspired by an item in the latest knitty, but the final design is very much my own. Since I don't know how often she stops by this blog, I can't show the FO just yet, but I thought I would show just a little detail.

010907Cable_detail

I've got enough of the yarn left over, that I may see if I can knock out something else to match before I pop it in the mail to her. And if I'm lucky, I may be able to talk her into modeling it for me, so I can share with all of you.

And now, the pedal thingie awaits to see how far we can go before I fall asleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely colours, I am very jealous. Next Rinebeck I am SO hitting Briar Rose.

Sheepish Annie said...

Just finished up with the pedal thingie myself. I will shed this holiday weight if it kills me. And it just might...

You guys have been pretty sickly lately! Time for a good, long rest after all the Christmas running around. It has been a bad winter for health issues!

Don't make me come down there and force feed you soup. I have a killer maternal instinct and make really lousy soup!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I had the same issue recently--I wanted to post a couple picturs of a scarf I was working on, but I didn't want the recipient to see the scarf too soon.

Anyway, very pretty yarn! I like the pattern you're doing, too. Simple and classy.

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Liz said...

oo! oo! The cabled mystery looks lovely!

Hope David's better soon, and that your eye's better, too.

(and thank you - the edges are duller some days; this is one of them)

Anonymous said...

You know what's funny? I stopped by here and actually saw the picture, and I thought, "Ooooooo, those are pretty colors!"

But, do you think I took the time to actually read the words?? When I opened it, I thought "Hey.... I think I've seen this somewhere...."

Hahahaha :0)

I LOVE it, and it was just in time for our sleet storm today! Hip..Hip.....