28 February 2006

Sleepless in Portland

Since I'm at work today, there will be no pictures of cute alpacas, no pictures of knitting projects, and definitely no chorus line of sheep. I did start a new knitting project last night, but it's top secret and cannot be discussed at this time. I may also tonight cast on for a pi shawl, but I didn't last night. I tried to get a bit of a nap when everything slowed down, but true to form, I had a 5:30 walk-in. Also true to form, it was something that should have been seen last night when the owner first noticed the problem - a dog with porcupine quills embedded in her muzzle, probably for 20+ hours. Such is the nature of my work.

On top of that, today I get to try to sleep here at the clinic. I don't sleep well if I'm not in my own bed. Often I don't even sleep well if I am in my own bed. And to make things even better, the clinic roof is being replaced, so the roofers are busy ripping off the old shingles right over my head. Joy.

Anyway, so you don't feel totally cheated in coming here, I offer you this (with a tip o' the hat to mamacate):

You Are Scooter

Brainy and knowledgable, you are the perfect sidekick.
You're always willing to lend a helping hand.
In any big event or party, you're the one who keeps things going.
"15 seconds to showtime!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a weird test. I'm kermit apparently. Not sure what to think of that.

Hope you get some sleep.